16 Days of Action:
- This is an international campaign.
- It is also know as ’16 days of activism’
- It starts on the 25th November – as this is ‘IDEVAW’ (the International Day for the Elimination of Violence Against Women)
- It finishes with IHRD (International Human Rights Day) on the 10th of December
- It has been running internationally for 26 years.
- In Exeter this is the 3rd year events have been coordinated together under this name
- Read more about the history HERE
Domestic & Sexual Violence & Abuse (DSVA)
DOMESTIC VIOLENCE/ABUSE IS… any incident or pattern of incidents of controlling, coercive or threatening behaviour, violence or abuse between those aged 16 or over who are or have been intimate partners or family members regardless of gender or sexuality.
SEXUAL VIOLENCE IS… any unwanted sexual act or activity, including but not restricted to: rape, sexual assault, child sexual abuse, sexual harassment, rape within marriage/relationships, forced marriage, so-called honour-based violence, female genital
The Exeter DSVA (Domestic & Sexual Violence & Abuse) Forum
This is an independent group of professional individuals and specialist DSVA organisations. The forum has a connection to Exeter’s Community Safety Partnership.